Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Time!!!

             
The kids were able to participate in this year's pivotal and historical election.  Although I think it was the promise of a cookie and a sticker that was more appealing than the promise of a brighter tomorrow, but we were proud of them none the less!  
    
Jaykob did tell me the morning after the election when he had learned that the guy he had voted for did not win that "We voted for the wrong guy, Mom.  We should have voted for Oracka Obama."  I did my best to assure him that although "our guy" lost, it is going to be okay because God is in control!  
                       
Too bad I couldn't write a 5 year old in as a write-in candidate for President!  Maybe one day!


4 comments:

robin said...

Hi Jillyn,
Hello from Bartlesville, OK!!! Rachel White gave me the contact info that she had on you. Hopefully you remember me, Robin Holland. Anyway, Bartlesville K-Life is trying to find all former staff and board members. We don't have a current address now that you have moved to NC. If you would be so kind to email me your new one we'd love to send you a very fun update on Bartlesville K-Life. Your family is very cute and I'm glad that I found you!!! You can email me. I sent another letter to your yahoo email. Thanks! Robin

Amee P said...

The pics are great. They look so innocent. So do you and Tony ha ha. I cant tell who had more fun. I love the election pics too. What a historical moment. So innocent. Miss you lots and cant wait to see you. Tell everyone that Aunt Amee, Mr G and Bruman love them.

Anonymous said...

Still proud to be an American, especially after sharing your blog and seeing the kids "voting." You are training them well. Let me know when it's time to write in the next president - he now has two more votes (Grandma and mine). Love you all.

Anonymous said...

What a super idea to start them early learning about how elections work and yes,sometimes we loose. The kids are adorable and we miss all of you