Saturday, July 31, 2010

Ready or not... Here I come!



I know it looks like a horribly rough place to go on a missions trip, but people need Jesus all over the world and let me be the first to sign up to spread Jesus to the island of Antigua!!! Tony and I head out tomorrow on a 8-day trip to the BEAUTIFUL island nestled in the Caribbean. Tagging along on the ride will be 13 teenagers and one other adult.
Allow me to be honest for a minute... I am really looking forward to this trip (this will be Tony's third trip to the island for missions work and my first). No really, I am looking forward to it.

Yes, this is partially my mind trying to convince myself that I am excited and partially my mind reminding myself that before me lies the adventure of a lifetime with my God as my tour guide!

I am at the juncture when anticipation meets reality.

For months I have been anticipating this trip. For months I have spiritually, physically, and mentally been preparing for this trip. However, here I am on the precipice of this adventure and I look ahead with reservation. Fear?

I am not sure exactly what I am feeling.

It has hit me this week... I am leaving my babies!!! I am by no means a "helicopter mom". I am truly raising my kids (the best I know how) to eventually be self-sufficient, self-reliant and self-confident. But apparently here is my first test! Yikes!!!

Are they ready?

AM I READY?!?!?

I have no other choice.

This is the mission my Tour Guide has laid before me and far better to obey your Tour Guide while in a foreign country than make any attempts otherwise!

So God, with Your help and Your help alone... I will go.

Jaykob, Addi and Ella- I love you with ALL that is in me...EVERY last drop of me loves you and Mommy and Daddy will see you soon!

Luke 9:61 & 62 (The Message)- "Then another said, 'I am ready to follow you, Master, but first excuse me while I get things straightened out at home.' Jesus said, 'No procrastination. No backward looks. You can't put God's Kingdom off till tomorrow. Seize the day.' "

READY OR NOT...HERE I COME!

No comments: