Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The decision

A friend of mine sparked a thought in my brain a few weeks ago. I have had a little time to mull over this thought and have waivered back and forth on the issue. If I agree to jumping on board with this then it will mean a small financial investment--more dramatic to me is the fact that it would mark the beginning of the end of an era for me. If I choose not to take on this challenge, I keep life status quo for the time being. I suppose this thought my friend placed in my brain is inevitable but I assumed it would come at a time I was more emotionally ready for it. But as she mentioned her own recent actions, I began to wonder if my time had come. I had been struggling day after day and week after week with this particular problem not even aware that it was a problem I was having. As she spoke the words, I had an "a-ha" moment and thus began the debate. Like I said, I have had a few weeks to ponder the issue and have tried carefully to weigh the financial and emotional cost and have decided to bite the bullet. I think it is time. I am committed. I am ready. Today.... I bought grown-up hangers for my son's clothes.

3 comments:

gbancroft said...

Hi,
I am a very old friend of Amee's. I have been looking for her for years, and today found here parents no longer live in Kokoma and live in MI. My name is Gena Bancroft was Warner. I spent many years growing up with Amee and her family and going to her church. If you get this message would you be so kind as to pass my information on to her and have her email me or call me. My number is 919.616.3956 my email is gbancroft@sysrad.com. The last time I saw Amee was in Indianapolis in 1992-93 timeframe. I was thrilled to pieces today when I found your families blog page. I would love to reconnect with Amee and find out how she is doing!
Warmly,
Gena Warner Bancroft
919.676.0432
Raligh, NC

Angel said...

That was absolutely hilarious. I was so intent on what you were about to reveal and then it was hangers - too funny! Hope your doing well with Bub being gone. Talk to you soon. Love you guys bunches!

Anonymous said...

As that little boy's growing up, but he will always be my baby boy just like his dad is my baby boy.
Grandma Parsons