Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Modern Day Blessings

Blessed be your name in the land that is plentiful.
Where Your streams of abundance flow, blessed be Your name.
Blessed be Your name when I'm found in the desert place,
Though I walk through the wilderness, blessed be Your name.

Every blessing you pour out, I'll turn back to praise.
When the darkness closes in, Lord, still I will say,
Blessed be the name of the Lord, blessed be your name.
Blessed be the name of the Lord, blessed be your glorious name.

Blessed be Your name when the sun is shining down on me,
When the world is all as it should be, blessed be Your name.
Blessed be Your name on the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering, blessed be Your name.

You give and take away, You give and take away.
My heart will choose to say, Lord, blessed be Your name.

The cry of our hearts is to honor God and let the words I say be a testament of His unfailing and undeserving goodness... Bless His Name!

Tony received a phone call today about lunchtime from a man named Marty. His words to Tony went something like this, "Sir, are you sitting down? My name is Marty from Modern Chevrolet. I have a car here for you that has been paid for as a gift to you. You need to come pick it up, please." After some convincing that this was indeed not a joke yet still with skepticism, Tony and I drove the 20 miles to the dealership to investigate. Marty, the salesman, was meeting with a customer when we arrived and quickly found a willing salesman to take his place with his potential buyer (yes, he gave up his potential sale in order to talk to us). He sat us down in his office and shared the story as much as he could. In a nutshell, someone (individual or a group, we are not sure) was obedient to God's leading and walked into the dealership, plunked down a handsome bit of change and purchased a vehicle for us. Tony snickered (Abraham laughed too!) and I cried like a little school girl. Touched nearly to tears himself, Marty went on to say, "My grandfather was a pastor and I grew up in church, but I am not a faithful attender myself. I know this one thing: THIS IS FROM GOD! Not only is this for you all, but this is a lesson of faith for me." Thirty minutes later, and thirty signatures later, we drove off the lot with a 2008 Chevrolet HHR.

We have pondered time and again whom this blessing could have come from and we have NO IDEA! We are settled in the fact that, just as Marty recognized, this is from God! We are no more deserving of this than the next guy, but we are grateful and we are humbled!

In the words of worship leader, Matt Redman... Lord, blessed be Your name! Every blessing You pour out, I'll turn back to praise. Blessed be the name of the Lord.



5 comments:

Jeremy Little said...

I know I already made my comments on the phone, but how awesome is God!? This is such a HUGE blessing for you guys. I'm way excited for you. And to top it all off I love the impact all of this has had on Marty! Praise God!
See you on Saturday!

Dad Parsons said...

Somewhere there is a person(s) who is getting a greater charge out this than you are (can you believe that?). What a witness to all of us that the God of miracles is alive and well. I too pray that this will bring Marty and others close to God where they can receive the best Gift of all. I also rejoice at the impact this has on your kids (JAE and youth). I am still speechless but faith-more.

Amee P said...

What an awesome day for you. I am sure your heart is full. We love you guys. Love you but miss you more. Cant wait to see you and the new ride

Greg and Amee

Anonymous said...

You guys are so deserving of this car!!! You do so much for others whether you feel like it or not!! I am glad that you recieved this gift!! I know it will help out a ton!! PRAISE GOD!!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a joy to have you share. I wished I was there to jump up and down, hugging and crying along with you. WHAT A BLESSING DIRECTLY FROM GOD!! Made me reflect on other blessings that God has been so faithful to bestow.I couldn't be more praiseworthy that what you all have expressed. Blessed be his name with the continued testimony.
Momma